Warm Pine Nut Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe
I serve this warm salad as a side for holiday dinner parties. It’s always a huge hit because most people assume they hate Brussels sprouts, but this convinces them otherwise. For additional protein or to up this to meal status, add cooked diced chicken, top with a maple glazed salmon fillet, or serve with apple pork loin.
Paleo Warm Pine Nut Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe
- medium sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts shredded
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sliced pine nuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped (fat reserved)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup shaved Pecorino Romano cheese optional
- Place onions in the pan of bacon fat and cook on low heat for a few minutes. Add shredded Brussels sprouts, salt, and garlic powder, and toss. Cover and cook on medium for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently until the sprouts have reached the desired consistency. Remove and place in a large bowl. Add pine nuts, cranberries, and bacon. Stir gently.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with cheese, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.