3-Leaf Curried Kale Salad Recipe
With a combination of 3 types of kale and a flavorful topping of curried edamame, this recipe is a must-try! You’ll never settle for a boring salad again.
3-Leaf Curried Kale Salad
For the curried edamame:
- 12 ounces frozen shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
For the salad:
- 10 stalks green leaf kale
- 5 stalks lacinato kale
- 4 stalks red leaf kale
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ small red cabbage grated
- 1-2 carrots grated
- 1 large cucumber chopped*
- Candy cane beets sliced (optional)
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Microwave the edamame according to package directions. Pour the edamame into a medium bowl and add the curried edamame spices; stir to coat well. Pour onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Wash the kale and let dry. Tear the kale leaves from the stems and place in a large bowl with sesame oil, lemon juice, ginger, curry powder, and salt. Using your hands, massage the kale for about 5 minutes, until the leaves start to soften.
- Add cabbage, carrots, cucumber, and beets (if using) to the salad. Divide onto serving plates and garnish with curried edamame and sesame seeds.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.