Dress up those boring ol’ crackers with this Seasoned Crackers recipe. It’s a simple way to take gluten-free crackers a step above.
- ½ cup (113 g) unsalted butter or dairy-free butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (3.5 g) seasoned salt
- ¾ teaspoon (2.3 g) garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 g) onion powder
- ½ teaspoon (1.2 g) freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon (0.5 g) cayenne pepper (optional)
- 10 ounces plain gluten-free crackers
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Add the melted butter to a large bowl. Whisk in the Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Gently stir in the crackers. Mix well until all the crackers are coated. Transfer the crackers to a rimmed half-sheet pan and spread them evenly in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir. Bake another 10 minutes and stir again. Bake the crackers for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once the crackers are baked, cool on the pan to room temperature, then serve or store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
• I tested this recipe with Schär Entertainment Crackers and Lance Gluten-Free Original Crackers with great results.
• Try to use whole crackers and not the crumbs. If you dump the crumbs in the bowl with the seasoning, the crumbs will soak it up and there won’t be enough seasoning/butter mixture to coat the crackers.
• Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce is gluten-free in the U.S. and The Wizards brand makes one that is both gluten-free and vegan. Always check your labels.
• I used Lawry's seasoning salt but check your labels.
This recipe was featured in Gluten Free & More Magazine. Get your subscription to the magazine and never miss an issue!
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.