With a spicy kick, this Jalapeño Coleslaw recipe is perfect for summertime entertaining. Serve with ribs and fried pickles for an all-American meal.
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon (1.2 g) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups (400 g) green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cups (200 g) red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup (100 g) shredded carrots
- 2 jalapeño peppers , seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup (30 g) fresh cilantro, chopped
- Whisk the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, jalapeño peppers, and cilantro to the bowl and toss well to coat.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 6 hours. Toss again and season with more salt, to taste, before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 3512IU70%
Vitamin C 38mg46%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.