This Asparagus Gremolata recipe is a delicious side dish fit for entertaining guests, yet so simple thanks to it only using 5 ingredients (not including water, oil, salt, and pepper).
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) pine nuts
- 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- ¼ cup (15 g) flat leaf parsley, minced (measured then minced)
- 2 pounds (910 g) fat asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small, dry skillet over medium heat, toast the pine nuts until brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Finely grate the zest of the lemons into a small bowl. Squeeze 1 tablespoon of juice from a lemon and reserve.
- Add the garlic, parsley, and cooled pine nuts to the lemon zest to make the gremolata. Reserve.
- Trim the ends off the asparagus spears and peel the outer layer with a vegetable peeler. In a large skillet, bring 1 inch of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and let cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain the water from the pan and add the olive oil, reserved lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and toss. Put the asparagus on a serving plate and top with the gremolata.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.