This Asparagus Gremolata recipe is a delicious side dish fit for entertaining guests, yet so simple thanks to it only using 5 ingredients (not including water, oil, salt, and pepper).
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) pine nuts
- 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- ¼ cup (15 g) flat leaf parsley, minced (measured then minced)
- 2 pounds (910 g) fat asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small, dry skillet over medium heat, toast the pine nuts until brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Finely grate the zest of the lemons into a small bowl. Squeeze 1 tablespoon of juice from a lemon and reserve.
- Add the garlic, parsley, and cooled pine nuts to the lemon zest to make the gremolata. Reserve.
- Trim the ends off the asparagus spears and peel the outer layer with a vegetable peeler. In a large skillet, bring 1 inch of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and let cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain the water from the pan and add the olive oil, reserved lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and toss. Put the asparagus on a serving plate and top with the gremolata.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 128 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Vitamin A 1635IU33%
Vitamin C 37mg45%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.