If you want to get more greens into your holiday meal, try this delicious Creamed Kale recipe. Even the kids will like this one!
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- 2 pounds (910 g) chopped kale greens
- 4 tablespoons (60 g) unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic , minced or grated
- 1 cup (240 mL) heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon (0.5 g) grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon (1.2 g) freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the kale until tender, 2-3 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and let cook for 1 minute. Add the kale, cream, nutmeg, pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes, uncovered, or until the cream has reduced and thickened. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.