If you want to get more greens into your holiday meal, try this delicious Creamed Kale recipe. Even the kids will like this one!
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- 2 pounds (910 g) chopped kale greens
- 4 tablespoons (60 g) unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic , minced or grated
- 1 cup (240 mL) heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon (0.5 g) grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon (1.2 g) freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the kale until tender, 2-3 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and let cook for 1 minute. Add the kale, cream, nutmeg, pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes, uncovered, or until the cream has reduced and thickened. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 11g55%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Vitamin A 11942IU239%
Vitamin C 136mg165%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.