Gluten-Free Cranberry-Orange Cornbread
So good it’s almost a cake, this Gluten-Free Cranberry-Orange Cornbread can be served for brunch, tea, or at a party.
- 1 cup (122 g) yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup (120 g) gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) kosher or fine sea salt
- Zest of 1 orange , about 1 tablespoon (6 g)
- ½ cup (113 g) butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 2 large eggs , beaten
- ¼ cup (60 mL) pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup (180 mL) unsweetened plain dairy-free yogurt or regular yogurt
- 1 cup (227 g) fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a medium bowl, stir together the first six ingredients; set aside.
- Add butter to a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Place in a 425°F oven for about 2-3 minutes or until the butter melts. Remove from oven; swirl butter in skillet to coat bottom and sides of skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine eggs, maple syrup, and yogurt. Pour in melted butter. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 390 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 9g45%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Vitamin A 105IU2%
Vitamin C 16mg19%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.