Gluten-Free Cranberry-Orange Cornbread
So good it’s almost a cake, this Gluten-Free Cranberry-Orange Cornbread can be served for brunch, tea, or at a party.
- 1 cup (122 g) yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup (120 g) gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) kosher or fine sea salt
- Zest of 1 orange , about 1 tablespoon (6 g)
- ½ cup (113 g) butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 2 large eggs , beaten
- ¼ cup (60 mL) pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup (180 mL) unsweetened plain dairy-free yogurt or regular yogurt
- 1 cup (227 g) fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a medium bowl, stir together the first six ingredients; set aside.
- Add butter to a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Place in a 425°F oven for about 2-3 minutes or until the butter melts. Remove from oven; swirl butter in skillet to coat bottom and sides of skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine eggs, maple syrup, and yogurt. Pour in melted butter. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.