Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Waffles
These Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Waffles are also grain-free, making them Paleo-friendly. These are a delicious way to start the day!
Lemon Blueberry Waffles
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup (60 g) arrowroot starch
- ¼ cup (30 g) coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon (3 g) kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon (6 g) lemon zest
- ½ cup (74 g) fresh blueberries, plus more for optional topping
- Pure maple syrup , for topping
- In a high-speed blender, combine the eggs, arrowroot starch, coconut flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, salt, coconut milk, and lemon zest and process until smooth. Stir in the blueberries by hand.
- Heat a waffle iron to medium heat and grease the surface. Once the waffle iron is up to temperature, pour the batter onto the grids, using the waffle iron manufacturer’s guidelines for suggested cup quantity. Be sure to ladle the batter evenly over the surface of the waffle iron. Cook for 2-3 minutes (the time and amount of batter will vary depending on your waffle iron). Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the waffles topped with more fresh blueberries and maple syrup, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.