Black Bean Salsa Burgers
It’s burger season, my friends! If you’re getting bored with the usual beef patties or if you’re avoiding red meat (or meat in general) you’re going to love these Black Bean Salsa Burgers. These are delicious. Hard stop. No need for further explanation, but I will just say that the meat-eaters and vegetarians in the office both loved these.
I made these burgers with a simple mixture of mashed black beans, gluten-free panko breadcrumbs, an egg, some seasonings, and Xochitl’s tasty Stone Ground Salsa. I topped these with cilantro microgreens and avocado with mayo on the GF burger buns. These are so flavorful, have a good dose of protein, and they’re a really nice change of pace from a traditional burger.
Plus, these can also be cooked on the grill if you’re doing your cooking outdoors this summer.
Get more gluten-free burger recipes.
Gluten-Free Black Bean Salsa Burgers
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Xochitl Stone Ground Salsa , divided
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 4 gluten-free hamburger buns , lightly toasted
- Cilantro or cilantro microgreens
- 1 avocado , sliced
- Mash the beans in a large bowl with a fork. Add the breadcrumbs, ½ cup salsa, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin. Shape the mixture into 4 equal-sized patties and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the burgers for 5-7 minutes per side or until crispy on the outside and firm.
- Spread top and bottom buns with mayonnaise. Serve on buns with remaining salsa, cilantro, and avocado slices.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.