Tandoori Tikka Chicken Salad
This Tandoori Tikka Chicken Salad recipe is full of flavor thanks to the chicken and has lots of crunch thanks to the crisp lettuce and fried onions. You’re going to love the fresh and savory balance of this main dish salad!
Tandoori is a delicious style of Indian cooking in a cylindrical clay oven to create a rich, flavorful taste. The chicken in this recipe is made tandoori style with a Good It’s Gluten Free Tandoori Tikka meal kit. Good It’s Gluten Free brings takeout favorites to your home kitchen with its five easy meal kits. The Tandoori Tikka meal kit comes with the marinade, sauce, and fried onions for topping. All you have to do is add the protein. And, in this case, we’ve added additional ingredients to turn it into a salad.
I love this dish for a hearty lunch for two!
Get more gluten-free salad recipes.
Tandoori Tikka Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 Good It’s Gluten Free Tandoori Tikka Meal Kit
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves , finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Vegetable oil
- 1 romaine lettuce heart , chopped
- ½ seedless cucumber , cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- ¼ red onion , thinly sliced
- Pour the marinade from the meal kit into a mixing bowl. Cut the chicken into 1-inch dice. Add to the marinade, stir to coat, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, lime juice, mint, and garlic, mixing well. Add salt to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add enough oil in a large skillet to come up ¼ inch. Heat over medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer from the pan to a bowl, add the tikka sauce, and stir to coat.
- Layer the lettuce on a serving platter or plate. Top with the cucumbers and red onions. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, add the chicken, and top with the crispy fried onions from the meal kit.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.