Everything Bagel Dinner Rolls
Classic, soft pull-apart dinner rolls get a flavor upgrade with everything bagel seasoning. These Everything Bagel Dinner Rolls pair well with any holiday meal or even a casual weeknight soup!
Everything Bagel Dinner Rolls
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) unsalted butter, divided
- 2¼ teaspoons (6.4 g) active dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon (2 g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (120 mL) milk, heated to 105-110°F (see notes for dairy-free option)
- ⅓ cup (55 g) white rice flour
- ⅓ cup (50 g) brown rice flour
- ½ cup (65 g) arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup (30 g) tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) sweet white sorghum flour
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5 g) xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (3 g) kosher or fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) honey
- 1 large egg , room temperature
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) avocado oil or other neutral oil
- 2-3 teaspoons (5-7 g) everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8x4-inch or 9x5-inch loaf pan with 1 tablespoon softened butter. Set aside.
- Add the yeast and granulated sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Slowly pour in the milk, making sure the yeast is moistened. Let sit for at least 15 minutes to "bloom" as you prepare the other ingredients.
- Add the white rice flour, brown rice flour, arrowroot, tapioca flour, sorghum flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt to medium bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- When the yeast has bloomed (is very foamy), add the honey, egg, and avocado oil. Use the paddle attachment to mix on medium-low speed until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low until combined. Stop the mixer and scrape down the bowl. Then mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and form into a ball. Turn the dough ball out onto a well-floured surface (I usually just flour some plastic wrap). Sprinkle the top of the dough with additional gluten-free flour, pat into a square, and use a knife to cut the dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Use well-floured hands to roll a piece of dough into a ball. Place the dough ball in the prepared baking pan and repeat with the remaining dough balls, dusting your hands with flour each time to prevent sticking.
- Place the dough to rise in a warm spot and cover loosely with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel. Let rolls rise for 1 hour.
- After rising, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and brush the tops of the rolls with it. Sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning evenly over the tops of the rolls.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Let the rolls cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool, or serve immediately.
- For dairy-free rolls, use unsweetened coconut milk in place of the milk. Brush the pan with oil instead of using butter and brush the rolls with a small amount of oil instead of butter (optional).
- To help the rolls rise, preheat the oven to 170°F while you prepare the dough. Once the dough is prepared, turn off the oven, cover the rolls, and proof in the warm oven.
- These rolls are best eaten the day of. If baking ahead or storing leftovers, wrap the rolls tightly in plastic wrap and freeze in a freezer bag. To reheat, remove the rolls from the plastic wrap and wrap in aluminum foil. Heat in the oven at 400°F until heated through.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.