Gluten Free Pecan Bars
Thanksgiving would not be complete without some sort of pecan dessert. These Gluten Free Pecan Bars are a fun take on a traditional pecan pie. This handheld treat is just what you need to get into the festive mood this Thanksgiving. These bars are also perfect to bring to any desert exchanges over the holidays.
The crust for these bars are made with Homefree Vanilla Mini Cookies. These cookies are delicious and are free from the top 14 food allergies. To make the crust of these bars is crushing the cookies in a sealed plastic bag until fine crumbs. Then in a medium bowl you combine the melted butter and the cookie crumbs until it resembles wet sand. Then you press the mixture in the bottom of the baking pan to make the crust and bake for 10 minutes.
Make this sweet treat for your Thanksgiving feast!
Get more Thanksgiving recipes here.
Gluten Free Pecan Bars
- For the Crust:
- 10 oz (2 boxes) Homefree Vanilla Mini Cookies
- ¼ cup melted butter (or dairy-free alternative for a vegan option)
- For the Pecan Filling:
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted butter (or dairy-free alternative)
- 2 large eggs (or flax eggs for a vegan option*)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Kosher or fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line an 8x8-inch (20x20 cm) baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides for easy removal.
- In a food processor or by placing the Homefree Vanilla Mini Cookies in a sealed plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin, finely crush the cookies until you have fine crumbs.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 2 cups finely crushed cookies and ¼ cup of melted butter. Mix until the mixture resembles wet sand. Press this mixture evenly into the bottom of your prepared baking pan to create the crust.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set it aside while you prepare the pecan filling.
- In a separate bowl, combine the chopped pecans, brown sugar, maple syrup, melted butter, eggs (or flax eggs if using), vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the pecan filling over the pre-baked crust, spreading it out evenly.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until the pecan filling is set and slightly golden brown on top.
- Once done, remove the pecan bars from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Using the parchment paper overhang, carefully lift the pecan bars out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Let them cool completely.
- Once cooled, use a sharp knife to cut the bars into squares or rectangles.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.