Gluten Free Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and a Great Big Announcement!
I have a big announcement!
Hold on to your hats.
Sound the trumpets.
Drum roll please…
Gluten Free & More is going on television!
I am going to be cooking on TV!
And I am going to be cooking gluten-free on TV.
Hopefully, I don’t get my hair caught in the mixer, grate my fingers off or burn down the studio. After all, I want to make a good impression.
I shoot the episode on Thursday, the 11th of June and will notify you all as soon as I know the air date.
In keeping with my philosophy of celebrating the abundance of gluten-free living and keeping it simple, I am making an old standby in my house. I have posted a recipe for Gluten Free Lemon Ricotta Pancakes on the blog before but here they are again, gussied up and ready for their close up!
And click here to see my cooking demonstration of this recipe on Daytime TV!
Gluten Free Lemon Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
- 4 eggs separated
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese room temperature
- 1 lemon zested finely (I use a microplane)
- Big pinch of salt
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat the ricotta cheese until smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes). Add the egg yolks, lemon zest and salt and beat until very smooth and fluffy. Take a scoop of the egg whites and mix into the yolk mixture to lighten it up some, then fold the yolk mixture into the whites.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat until hot then spray with gluten-free oil spray.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup of the mixture onto the griddle for each pancake. The batter will be really fluffy so I push it down slightly with the bottom of the measuring cup to flatten it out a bit. Cook over medium heat until browned on the bottom and the batter is cooked through (about 5 minutes). Flip over and cook until the pancakes feel firm to the touch. This just takes another minute or two.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.