Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- 1 (30-ounce) package plain frozen hash brown (shredded) potatoes
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup skim or fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken and apple sausage links, diced (or diced ham)
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper,seeded and chopped
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Use a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.Spray the inside of your stoneware insert with cooking spray. Dump in the entire package of frozen hash brown potatoes. Spread them out with your fingers to break up any noticeable clumps.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir in the chopped sausage, onion, bell pepper, and cheese. Pour this eggy mixture evenly over the frozen hash browns.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Your casserole is finished when the eggs are fully cooked and the edges begin to brown a bit. If you’d like the cheese to get brown and crispy on the sides, cook it longer.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.