Rustic Potato Leek Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds leeks, trimmed and cleaned, white and light green parts chopped (about 3 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 ½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ½-inch chunks
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup water
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the leeks. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and potatoes.
- Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broth and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish bowls of the soup with chopped chives.
Cook’s Note: You can also puree this soup for a more refined and elegant option. After the potatoes are tender, puree the soup in batches in a blender (use caution when pureeing hot liquids!) or make quick work of it right in the pot with an immersion blender.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.