Pan-Glazed Pear and Arugula Salad with Cashew Goat Cheese and Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (also called palm sugar)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium pears, cored and cut into eighths Juice of one medium lemon (about ¼ cup)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Plain liquid stevia, to taste (about 15 drops)
- Pinch fine sea salt, or to taste
- About 8 cups baby arugula
- 1 recipe Cashew Goat Cheese (recipe found here)
- ½ cup lightly toasted walnut halves
Prepare the pears: Heat the coconut sugar and vinegar over medium heat in a non-stick pan until bubbling and sugar has melted. Place the pears on top of the sugar mixture and quickly flip them over so both sides are coated. Cook for about a minute, then turn and cook the other side, just until the outside begins to brown but the slices are still firm enough to hold together. Turn off heat.
Prepare the dressing: Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, stevia, and salt. Assemble the salad: Toss the arugula with the dressing. To serve, place about 1 ½ cups arugula on a plate and top with a few dollops of goat cheese, a few pear slices, and a sprinkling of walnuts. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.