Salad of Hearty Greens with Fennel, Grapefruit, and Beet
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 20 drops plain liquid stevia or
- 1-2 teaspoons agave nectar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-5 large leaves Swiss chard, stems removed and leaves finely shredded
- 6 cups assorted baby greens (I like Italian mix, but any combination is good)
- 2 red grapefruits, peeled, seeded, and sliced (with thick inner membranes removed)
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 medium beet, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup lightly toasted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup fresh dill, for garnish
Make the dressing: Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, stevia, ginger, salt, and pepper in a small bowl or glass measuring cup. Set aside for the flavors to blend.
Make the salad: Toss the chard, greens, grapefruit, fennel, and beet in a large salad bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Then sprinkle with sunflower seeds and garnish with dill. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.