The Easiest Roasted Chicken Dinner
- 4 – 5 pound roasting chicken
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or softened butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed
- 5 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika, divided
- 2 yellow onions, roughly chopped
- 3 pounds yellow potatoes, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces.
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400ºF.
- Place the chicken in a large roasting pan or baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil or butter, half of the garlic salt, and the mashed garlic. Rub the mixture generously over the entire chicken. Rub some of the mixture under the skin on the breast.Then season the entire chicken generously with half of the sea salt and half of the smoked paprika. Tie the legs of the chicken together with kitchen string.
- Scatter the onions, potatoes, and carrots around the chicken and season with the remaining garlic salt, sea salt, and smoked paprika.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 375ºF and roast for 30 minutes more.Cover the chicken loosely with foil to prevent over-browning and cook for 25-30 minutes more, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Let the chicken sit for 15 minutes before carving. Serve with the vegetables.
- Save the remaining chicken for the Barbecue Chicken Pizzas for the next night.
Serves 4 (with leftovers).
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.