Collard Wraps with Raw Curried Carrot Pate
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked in room temperature water for 2 hours (or up to overnight, covered in the refrigerator)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½-inch round of ginger, minced (about 2 teaspoons minced)
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free white or light miso
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½-1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon Bragg’s liquid aminos or gluten-free soy sauce Sea salt, to taste
- 4 large collard leaves, midrib removed
- Optional add-ins: sprouts, grape tomatoes, grated carrots, sauerkraut, sliced green onions, avocado, or other chopped veggies of choice
- Place all ingredients except the collard leaves and add-ins in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process until almost smooth, scraping sides as needed.
- To assemble the rolls, lay out the collard leaves (they will be half-leaves once the midrib is removed) on a flat surface.
- Spread each half with about 1/8 of the pate, then line up 3-5 of the add-ins on one end of the leaf.
- Starting at the end with the add-ins, roll up the leaf as you would sushi.
- Cut into two smaller rolls.
- Serve immediately. (If you have extra pate, it can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.)
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.