Thai-Inspired Mango & Avocado Salad with Cilantro “Rice”
For the “Rice”:
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 20 drops plain stevia liquid or
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar, or to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
For the Salad Dressing:
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 1 lime
- 4 teaspoons gluten-free rice vinegar
- 30 drops plain stevia liquid or
- 4 teaspoons agave nectar, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Bragg’s liquid aminos or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, mince
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes, or to taste
For the Salad:
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 large mangos, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 large avocados, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup lightly toasted cashews or macadamia nuts
Make the “rice”:
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with remaining ingredients for the rice.
- Set aside.
Make the dressing:
- Place the cilantro, mint, olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, stevia, ginger, Bragg’s, garlic, and chili flakes in a blender.
- Blend until the herbs are minced and the mixture is pourable (it won’t be completely smooth).
Make the salad:
- In a bowl, toss together the lettuce, mango, avocado, pepper, onions, and cashews.
- Drizzle with the dressing and toss gently.
- Serve immediately alongside the cauliflower “rice.”
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.