- 1 large pineapple
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or dairy-free butter substitute, divided use
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup dark rum (optional)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream or dairy-free ice cream
- Cut the pineapple into 8 rings that are ½-inch thick. Cut the remaining pineapple flesh into ½-inch chunks.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the maple syrup, coconut palm sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon and cook until the sugar is dissolved. Add the pineapple rings. Cook for 3 minutes, flip, and cook for another 3–4 minutes or until the pineapple starts to soften and brown. Transfer the rings to a plate and reserve.
- Add the pineapple chunks and rum to the pan. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook for 3–4 minutes or until the pineapple softens. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and stir until the butter is melted and the sauce is glossy.
- To serve, place 2 pineapple rings per serving on dessert plates. Top with a scoop of ice cream and spoon some of the sauce on top.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.