Fig & Goat Cheese Tart
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- 1½ cups gluten-free graham-style cracker crumbs
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided use
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 ounces soft goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound fresh figs
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Spray a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with cooking spray.
- Combine the graham-style cracker crumbs with 2 tablespoons sugar, the butter, and salt.
- Press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until fragrant and the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the tart pan from the oven and let cool. Leave the oven on.
- With an electric mixer, beat the goat cheese on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the eggs, remaining ½ cup sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla and beat until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tart shell, place the tart pan on a baking sheet, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the filling is set but not dry.
- Let the tart cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour. (Can be made 1 day ahead up to thispoint.)
- Up to 1 hour before serving, cut the figs lengthwise into sixths and place on top of the filling in concentric circles.
- Drizzle with honey and serve.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.