Fruited Pecan Dressing
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- 1 loaf gluten-free multi-grain sandwich bread
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups diced celery
- 1½ cups diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 2 medium apples, cored and grated
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Spray a 1½ – 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes, spread on a baking sheet, and bake until toasted, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Pour into a very large mixing bowl.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the celery and onions and cook until soft and translucent but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Pour the mixture over the toasted bread cubes.
- Add the grated apples, pecans, cranberries, and raisins.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the eggs and vegetable stock.
- Mix well.
- Transfer the dressing to the prepared casserole dish, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
Note: Dressing can be used to stuff a 13-14 pound turkey. Stuff into turkey cavities lightly and make sure the internal temperature of the stuffing reaches 165ºF on an instant read thermometer.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.