Fruited Pecan Dressing
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- 1 loaf gluten-free multi-grain sandwich bread
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups diced celery
- 1½ cups diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 2 medium apples, cored and grated
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Spray a 1½ – 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes, spread on a baking sheet, and bake until toasted, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Pour into a very large mixing bowl.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the celery and onions and cook until soft and translucent but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Pour the mixture over the toasted bread cubes.
- Add the grated apples, pecans, cranberries, and raisins.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the eggs and vegetable stock.
- Mix well.
- Transfer the dressing to the prepared casserole dish, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
Note: Dressing can be used to stuff a 13-14 pound turkey. Stuff into turkey cavities lightly and make sure the internal temperature of the stuffing reaches 165ºF on an instant read thermometer.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.