Warm Pear & Apple Chutney
- 4 large or 6 medium ripe Bartlett or D’anjou pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 medium apples, such as Gala or
- Fuji, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1½ cups organic apple juice, plus more as needed
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Place all of the ingredients in a pot set over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the fruit becomes soft and begins to break down, about 20 minutes.
- If the fruit appears to be drying out during the cooking process, add more apple juice as needed.
- When the fruit is soft enough to mash, turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon sticks, and gently smash the fruit with a potato masher or the back of a large spoon to yield a chunky sauce.
- Serve warm or refrigerate in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve (up to 2 days).
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.