- 1¼ cups almond flour (or finely ground almonds or cashews)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (plus extra for rolling)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons honey, coconut nectar, or Grade B maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, gently melted (not hot)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or the seeds of 1 vanilla bean)
In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, process the almond flour, 1 cup shredded coconut, coconut flour, and sea salt until finely ground. Add the sweetener, coconut oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Process until a rough dough forms. Form the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in shredded coconut if desired.
For a no-bake treat, simply refrigerate until firm and enjoy! For a more traditional meltaway cookie texture, place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 250ºF for 20 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Makes about 24 cookies
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.