Gluten Free Mongolian Beef Burgers & Pasta Salad
I love to take good old American classic recipes and put a twist on them. I love it even more if I can put a fusion twist on them.
In this case I have taken backyard cookout basics, hamburgers and pasta salad, and given them an Asian twist – Mongolian to be exact!
Often when I frequent P.F. Chang’s I order the gluten free Mongolian beef – I love the beef doused in that rich, savory-sweet sauce and topped with green onions. This was the inspiration for my gluten free Mongolian Burgers – juicy burgers flavored with San-J’s gluten free Mongolian sauce topped with a mayonnaise made of grilled green onions.
For my pasta salad I echoed the Mongolian theme by creating a sauce using mayo, Mongolian Sauce, and Sriracha sauce and threw in all sorts of crispy veggies.
If you want a new twist on plain ole burgers and pasta salad, give these recipes a try – they are somehow familiar yet exotic at the same time.
Gluten Free Mongolian Beef Burgers
- 4 green onions
- Vegetable oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove finely grated or minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds ground chuck 20% fat
- 3 tablespoons San-J Mongolian Sauce use divided
- 4 gluten free hamburger buns toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- 8 strips roasted red peppers
- Heat a grill to high. Brush the green onions with some oil and grill for 2-3 minutes per side. Let cool then finely chop. Stir the grilled onions into the mayonnaise along with the garlic clove and salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the beef with 2 tablespoons Mongolian Sauce. Divide the meat into 4 equal portions. Form each portion loosely in a ¾-inch thick patty and, using your thumbs, make a deep depression into the center of each patty. Brush both sides of the burgers with oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill the burgers over high heat for 3-4 minutes or until browned on the bottom and you see juices rising to the top. Flip the burger and grill for another 4 minutes for medium-rare or 5-6 minutes for medium. Remove the burgers from the grill and brush with remaining tablespoon of Mongolian Sauce.
- Spread a little of the mayonnaise on the bottom buns, top with lettuce, a burger, and then slather the rest of the mayonnaise on top of the burgers. Top with the roasted red pepper strips, and serve.
Gluten Free Asian Pasta Salad
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound gluten free penne pasta
- ¾ cup carrots julienned
- 1 bunch green onions cleaned, trimmed, and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and chopped
- ½ small purple cabbage julienned
- 1 small can diced water chestnuts drained
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup San-J Mongolian Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- black pepper Freshly ground
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Cook the penne according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine the pasta with the carrots, green onions, red and yellow bell peppers, cabbage, and water chestnuts in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, San-J Mongolian Sauce, Sriracha sauce, and lime juice. Whisk until smooth. Pour the dressing over the pasta and vegetables and stir to coat. Add the cilantro and stir. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.