Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and packed with protein, inexpensive hard-boiled eggs are great to keep on hand for snacking and making quick meals.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter or dairy-free butter
- 5 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups milk or dairy-free milk of choice
- 8 hard-boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices gluten-free bread toasted, or 4 gluten-free English muffins, split and toasted
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, whisking, for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, 6-8 minutes. Stir in the eggs. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the creamed eggs over toast or toasted English muffins.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 564 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 12g60%
Vitamin A 1705IU34%
Vitamin C 11mg13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.