Gluten Free Barbecue Baked Beans Recipe
You may be surprised to learn that I still use my slow cooker pretty extensively in the hot summer months. Here is a delicious Barbecue Baked Beans recipe to try this summer.
Barbecue Baked Beans Recipe
- 1 pound dried Great Northern beans sorted
- 2 medium white onions diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups gluten-free barbecue sauce
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1½ teaspoons kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Place the beans in a large pot, cover with water by 2 inches and soak overnight. In the morning, place the drained beans into the slow cooker insert. Add the onion and water. Stir in the barbecue sauce, maple syrup, mustard powder, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours, or until the beans have fully softened and begun to split.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.