A simple, cheesy appetizer from Little Northern Bakehouse
I used to loathe GF loaves … but that was 20 years ago. Back then, gluten-free store-bought bread was awful. It was crumbly, dry, and sometimes solid as a rock. It barely resembled something you’d want to eat and the only use I found for it was making croutons. Nowadays, GF bread has truly turned itself around and is available in a wide variety of flavors, sizes, and is made with all sorts of ingredients. From buns to bagels to sliced bread and more, gluten-free bread is no longer a disappointment.
One of my favorite things about gluten-free bread in today’s world, versus that of 20 years ago, is that companies have discovered ways to incorporate healthy ingredients to make their loaves wholesome and nutritious. Case in point: Little Northern Bakehouse Millet & Chia Loaf. This company makes loaves that are filled with millet – an ancient grain, and chia seeds – a powerful source of omega-3, fiber, antioxidants, calcium, and more. This combo creates a light, smooth texture with a little extra crunch that creates a unique and delicious experience.
All Little Northern Bakehouse breads are not only gluten-free, but egg free, non-GMO, and vegan.
To showcase this loaf in all its glory, give this recipe a try for a simple and crave-worthy appetizer.
Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Loaf Recipe
- 1 tablespoon golden flax freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter or vegan buttery spread melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- Kosher or fine sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 package shredded pepper jack cheese or vegan equivalent
- 1 loaf Millet & Chia Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the flax and water in a small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredient except cheese and bread and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly over both sides of the bread slices. Arrange slices in pan so cut sides are facing each other. Distribute cheese shreds between slices and on top of the loaf.
- Bake until fragrant, lightly golden brown, and the cheese is melted. Unmold, cut loaf in half down the middle and serve immediately with marinara sauce or your favorite dip.
Recipe by Little Northern Bakehouse
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.