Gluten-Free Waffles with Red & Blue Berries
These Gluten-Free Waffles with Red & Blue Berries are delicious any day of the week, but look particularly festive for 4th of July morning!
Waffles with Red & Blue Berries
- ⅓ cup brown rice flour
- ⅓ cup potato flour
- ⅓ cup corn flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs , separated
- ⅓ cup light coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon canola oil, for greasing
- Pure maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon powdered/icing sugar
- 4 ounces blueberries
- 4 ounces red currants or other red berry of choice
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the flours and coconut sugar.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolks until creamy. Add coconut milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract, and mix well. Stir into dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the batter with a spatula. The batter should be light and fluffy.
- Grease the waffle iron lightly with canola oil just before pouring in the batter. Bake in the waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions, until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack and repeat with the remaining batter.
- To serve, drizzle with maple syrup, sprinkle with powdered/icing sugar, and top with berries.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.