No-Bake Honey Oat Bars Recipe
With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season under way, it’s easy to forget to eat. With all the planning of eating a big feast next week, you’d think it would be easy to remember! But some of us get on that one-track mindset of getting things done and then suddenly, you’re STARVING! No one likes a Grinch this time of year, and being hungry can certainly turn you into one, so here’s a recipe for a quick and simple snack you can make and keep on-hand for when hunger strikes.
These No-Bake Honey Oat Bars are made with just a handful of simple ingredients: gluten-free quick-cook oats, salt, almond butter, coconut oil, dried apricots, blanched slivered almonds, and the star of the show – honey! I like to use Wholesome Organic Honey. There have been traces of pesticides found in honey and some honey is just not high quality, but Wholesome is a quality brand I trust.
This recipe is one of my favorites to make as a grab-and-go snack. What are some of your favorite ways to keep hunger at bay during the holiday season?
No-Bake Honey Oat Bars
- 3 cups gluten-free quick-cook oats
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup Wholesome Organic Honey
- 1½ cups dried apricots , chopped
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- Line a 9x9-inch square cake pan with parchment paper, allowing the paper to overhand the sides of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats and salt. In a medium saucepan, combine almond butter, coconut oil, and honey and heat over low heat until melted.
- Pour the almond butter mixture into the oats. Stir well to combine. Stir in the apricots and almonds. Press the mixture evenly and firmly into the prepared pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Using the parchment paper, remove from the pan and cut into 10 rectangles.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.