If you are anything like me and look for ease, comfort, and cost when picking out recipes, I think you will really enjoy this Pizza Pasta Casserole Recipe. Not only is it yummy, it’s made with easy-to-find pantry staples and bakes in the slow cooker. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 pound gluten-free elbow macaroni, rinsed
- 15-20 slices turkey pepperoni - diced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, rinsed
- 1 (26-ounce) jar prepared pasta sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or dairy-free alternative
- ⅓ cup warm water
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker sprayed well with cooking spray. Put the wet pasta into the insert and add the diced pepperoni. Add sliced mushrooms and stir in the pasta sauce, retaining the jar. Stir in shredded cheese. Put the warm water into the empty sauce jar and seal. Shake well and pour the liquid evenly over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for about 4 hours. To ensure that all the moisture stays in the pot to fully cook the pasta, be sure that the lid of the slow cooker fits nicely and condensation beads up while it’s in use. If you do not see that happening, simply put a piece of foil over the top, crimp the sides, then replace the lid.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.