Nothing says Christmastime quite like gingerbread! These delicious Gingerbread Hearts cookies are festive, fun, and flavorful!
Servings: 15 Cookies
- ½ cup (50 g) gluten-free oat flour, plus more for rolling*
- ½ cup (48 g) almond flour
- ½ cup (95 g) potato starch*
- ⅓ cup (55 g) white rice flour*
- ⅓ cup (40 g) corn flour*
- ½ teaspoon (2 g) baking powder
- ⅓ teaspoon (2 g) kosher or fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons (36 g) coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons (5 g) ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) ground cardamom
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup (178 mL) coconut oil, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) honey
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon (8 g) powdered sugar, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 355°F. Line an 8x11-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the flours into a medium bowl. Add all dry ingredients and mix to combine with a spoon or an eggbeater.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the egg, coconut oil, honey, and orange peel. Run a mixer for 2 minutes, until all the ingredients are well combined. Add dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms, about 3 minutes. The dough should be smooth and a bit wet, but you should be able to handle it with your hands. Add a little bit of gluten-free oat flour if the dough is too loose. Cover with plastic in place in the fridge for an hour.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and roll it ½-inch thick, flouring as needed. Cut out the heart shapes with a cookie cutter and transfer the cookies to the baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Decorate with powdered sugar, as desired. Gingerbread hearts can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
*You can replace these flours with equal parts gluten-free all-purpose flour blend of your choice.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 207 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 10g50%
Vitamin A 16IU0%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.