Gluten-Free Greek Honey Almond Sheet Cake
With this Gluten-Free Greek Honey Almond Sheet Cake recipe you can have your cake and eat it, too – metaphorically speaking. Made with almond flour instead of regular gluten-free flour, honey instead of white sugar, and olive oil instead of vegetable oil, you get to maintain your healthy goals and eat cake, too!
I made this recipe with Wholesome’s Organic Honey in honor of their “Let’s Bake Things Better” campaign, which focuses on fair trade, high-quality ingredients that are better for you than the white sugar so commonly found in baked goods. Did you know that honey can often be mixed with other, cheaper ingredients like corn syrup? That’s why it’s important to ensure you’re buying honey from a trusted source, like Wholesome! This is all part of baking things better.
This cake is easy to make and goes well topped with dairy-free ice cream for a bit of extra indulgence.
We have plenty more gluten-free recipes using honey that you’ll love!
Gluten-Free Greek Honey Almond Sheet Cake Recipe
- 4 cups blanched , fine almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher or fine sea salt , divided
- 8 large eggs
- 1⅓ cups plus ½ cup Wholesome Organic Honey , divided
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon , zest finely grated and juiced, divided
- ½ cup water
- 1½ cups sliced almonds , toasted
- Grease a 9x12-inch (or similar) baking pan. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1⅓ cups honey, olive oil, and lemon zest. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Heat the remaining ½ cup honey with the lemon juice, water, and ¼ teaspoon salt until very warm.
- Poke holes all over the cake and pour the syrup all over the surface of the cake. Top with the toasted almonds. Can be served warm or cold.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.
I made this cake for my birthday and it was absolutely gorgeous. I burnt it a bit because I was out in the garden but it was still beautifully moist inside. I’ll definitely be making this again.
Glad you like it! Happy belated birthday :)
This cake is delicious and not hard. I made half recipe in a 8×8″ square pan. One question: what is the best way to mix the dry and wet ingredients together? This is missing from the instructions.
Sorry about that! I’ve corrected the recipe. You’ll want to mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
First gluten free cake I baked, and it was so easy. I made half of it, easy to follow instructions and would definitely recommend.
So glad you like it!