Gluten-Free Superfood Salad
New Year … don’t worry, I wasn’t planning on saying “new you” – instead I was going to say “healthier you.” (I know, that’s equally played out. But what better way to introduce a healthy recipe than with a tried-and-true phrase?) In all seriousness, I know many people like to use the start of a new year as a starting off point for getting on track or back on track with eating healthy. I’m here to help with that by offering up a delicious new recipe for a Gluten-Free Superfood Salad!
This recipe is loaded with healthy ingredients – roasted beets, roasted sweet potatoes, kale (choose organic, as conventional kale is on the Dirty Dozen list), pumpkin seeds, garbanzo beans, and a flavorful yet simple dressing made from Marukan rice vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard. The result is delicious, hearty, and healthy!
Whoever said salad was boring has NOT tried this one. I don’t know about you, but just like I won’t settle for mediocre gluten-free baked goods I won’t settle for bland salads. There is no reason to deprive yourself of flavor, regardless of what kind of diet you’re on.
If you’re looking for new recipes to try this year, want to explore a different diet like grain-free or dairy-free, or want to eat healthier, I hope you’ll use this site as a resource. You can find plenty of recipes on the website – over 2,850 to be exact! While not all of them are healthy, many of them are. We have gluten-free salads and dressings, gluten-free figure-friendly recipes, gluten-free and refined sugar-free recipes, Paleo recipes, and much more.
Gluten-Free Superfood Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Marukan Genuine Brewed Rice Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes , diced and roasted
- 4 small beets , roasted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 large bunch kale , stemmed and finely chopped (about 6 cups)
- ½ cup cooked garbanzo beans (if canned, drain and rinse)
- ¼ cup roasted and salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Combine the vinegar, oil, maple syrup, mustard, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in a small jar and shake well.
- Toss the roasted sweet potatoes and beets with about 1/3 of the dressing.
- Place the kale in a large bowl, top with the remaining dressing and, with clean hands, massage the dressing into the kale for 2-3 minutes. Put in a serving bowl and top with sweet potatoes, beets, garbanzo beans, and pepitas.
Watch this recipe in action!
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.