Keto Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
Ooey, gooey cinnamon rolls can in fact be grain-free and keto-friendly with this deliciously decadent Keto Pecan Cinnamon Rolls recipe.
The dough is made with almond flour, an egg, and a blend of cheeses – mozzarella and cream cheese (I know, it sounds a little strange but trust me!) Of course, what’s a cinnamon roll without brown sugar and frosting? Lucky for those on a keto diet or those who opt for non-glycemic sweeteners instead of sugar, these babies are made with Swerve (brown and confectioners).
Enjoy one (or more) of these with a steamy cup of coffee or tea for a delicious treat!
Check out more gluten-free recipes using Swerve.
Keto Pecan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 1½ cups shredded low moisture mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature, divided
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons Swerve Brown , divided
- 1½ - 2 cups finely ground almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- Gluten free non-stick cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons butter , at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Place the mozzarella and 2 ounces of cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, and then microwave for another minute, Stir, if the cheeses aren’t smooth, microwave and stir in 30 second increments until smooth. Add the egg and mix until blended. Add 2 tablespoons of Swerve Brown, 1½ cups almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir well. Mix until thoroughly combined. If the dough seems too wet, add more almond flour, a little at a time. The dough should be slightly sticky and smooth.
- Spray apiece of parchment paper with cooking spray. Place the dough on top and form into a rectangular shape. Spray another piece of parchment paper with cooking spray and place on top. Roll the dough until you get a rectangle approximately 14 by 10 inches, ¼ inch thick. Remove the top piece of parchment and place in a 9 by 12 baking dish.
- Mix the room temperature butter with 4 tablespoons Swerve Brown and the cinnamon. Spread on top of the dough. Sprinkle the pecans evenly on top.
- Using the bottom piece of parchment, roll the dough into a log. After each turn, press the dough into shape. Place the rolled dough in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using a sharp knife, cut the chilled dough log into 8 equal-sized rolls. Place on the parchment in the baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. The rolls will be a little soft, but they will firm as they cool.
- Beat together the melted butter, remaining 2 ounces of cream cheese, Swerve Confectioners, and vanilla. Spread on top of the rolls and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.