If meatloaf is one of those nostalgic foods for you, you’ll love this Italian-Style Meatloaf, a spruced up classic!
- 2 pounds (907 g) extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cup (119 g) gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 small yellow onion , finely diced
- 4 ounces (117 g) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup (240 mL) prepared pasta sauce, divided
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon (0.5 g) freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, breadcrumbs, onion, Parmesan cheese, ⅓ cup of pasta sauce, milk, eggs, salt, and pepper. Combine the mixture well (you can use your hands) and press into a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Spread the remaining pasta sauce evenly over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until done. The meatloaf is finished cooking when it is brown on top and has begun to pull away from the sides. Let sit for about 10 minutes before cutting into slices and serving with baked or mashed potatoes.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.