Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe
While you’re thinking about which gluten-free pie and turkey and stuffing recipes you’ll be making for next week’s holiday, don’t forget your veggies, too! This Roasted Root Vegetables recipe is a great holiday side dish. If you are short on oven space, this can be made a day or two ahead and then reheated while the turkey or roast rests. Plus, these veggies are also good at room temperature, so don’t fret if they aren’t piping hot when you serve them.
These veggies are roasted to perfection first with just a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and then they’re tossed in a sauce after roasting. The sauce is made from honey, Dijon mustard, and vinegar. I used Marukan Seasoned Gourmet Rice Vinegar, which has the perfect amount of seasoning to help boost the sauce flavor.
Get more gluten-free holiday recipes.
Roasted Root Vegetables
- 2 pounds rainbow carrots
- 4 parsnips
- 4 large golden beets
- 1 large red onion
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Marukan Seasoned Gourmet Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot , finely minced
- ½ cup chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking pans with parchment paper.
- Peel the carrots and parsnips. If the carrots are thick, cut in half lengthwise. Cut the parsnips lengthwise in half or in quarters if thick. Scrub the beets and cut into quarters. Cut the onion into 8 segments. Cut the garlic bulb in half. Divide the vegetables evenly among the prepared pans. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil per pan and sprinkle each with a large pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat and roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender, tossing the vegetables halfway through cooking time.
- Combine 3 tablespoons olive oil with the vinegar, honey, mustard, shallot, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small jar and shake well. Pour over the hot vegetables and toss gently to coat. Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Watch this recipe in action!
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.