Gluten-Free Breakfast Casserole
Made with shredded potatoes and eggs, this Gluten-Free Breakfast Casserole is easy to make and feeds a crowd.
- 20 ounces frozen shredded potatoes
- ¼ cup (56.5 g) salted butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon (0.6 g) paprika
- ¼ teaspoon (1.5 g) kosher or fine sea salt
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup (120 mL) half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons (2 g) Italian seasoning
- 3 cups (300 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (10 g) arugula
- 4 pieces prosciutto
- ½ tomato , sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the frozen, shredded potatoes in the bottom of a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Evenly distribute and press up along the edges, too. Brush with the melted butter. Sprinkle potatoes generously with paprika and salt.
- Bake on convection for 15-20 minutes, or regular bake for 20-25 minutes. The edges should get golden and slightly crispy on the potatoes.
- Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- When the potato layer is done, lower the oven temperature to 350°F. Top potatoes with about two-thirds of the shredded mozzarella, then a layer of arugula, prosciutto, and finally the tomatoes.
- Top with the remaining third of cheese, then pour the egg mixture over the entire dish. Bake at 350°F on convection for 35 minutes, or regular bake for 40 minutes.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.