Gluten-Free Creamy Lemon Pie
Happy March, everyone! I love this month because spring is almost here and it’s my birthday month. I don’t know about you, but no matter how old I get, I still feel like a kid when my birthday month rolls around. During my birthday month, I like to treat myself to the things I love most and take some extra time to do things that make me happy. Since I prefer pie to cake, and since lemon is my favorite, I decided to make this Gluten-Free Creamy Lemon Pie to treat myself.
Lemon is the perfect flavor for this time of year, right between winter and spring. Citrus is in season in the winter but it’s so bright and cheery that it’s practically spring’s poster child. I used lemon in two ways for this recipe – fresh lemon juice and Flax 4 Life Lemon Zest Cookies. Using the lemon zest cookies for the crust doubles down on the lemony flavor, and it’s so simple to make the crust this way.
This recipe is great because it only uses a handful of ingredients, yet it has such great flavor and texture that people will think you’re some sort of baking genius when they take a bite. Serve this for a birthday instead of the same ol’ cake, and I promise it won’t disappoint. This would also be a fantastic dessert to serve for Easter.
Get more gluten-free dessert recipes.
Gluten-Free Creamy Lemon Pie Recipe
- ½ box Flax 4 Life Lemon Zest Cookies (6 cookies)
- 6 tablespoons butter or dairy-free buttery sticks , melted, plus more for the pan
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk or dairy-free sweetened condensed coconut milk
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice (from 4-5 large lemons)
- 4 large egg yolks
- Whipped cream or dairy-free substitute
- Lemon slices
- Crumbled Flax 4 Life Lemon Zest Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter or grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Grind the cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor. Combine with melted butter and mix well. Firmly pack the mixture into the prepared pie plate, making sure to come up the sides of the pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Leave the oven on.
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and egg yolks. Pour into the warm crust and bake for an additional 18-20 minutes or until the filling is set. Let cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with optional garnishes, if desired, and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.