I’m … dreaming … of a wine Christmas! Wait, that’s not right, is it? Oh, well. I like it better this way! If you’re looking to ramp up the cozy factor of that glass of wine this Christmas, try this delicious Mulled Wine recipe. It’s perfect for a chilly winter evening.
- 1 (750 mL) bottle red wine
- ¼ cup brandy or orange liqueur (can also use orange juice for a less potent drink)
- 1 orange , sliced
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 2-4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup , depending on taste
- Orange slices
- Cinnamon sticks
- Star anise
- Rosemary sprigs
- Combine the wine, brandy, orange slices, cloves, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and 2 tablespoons sweetener in a medium saucepan and cook just until it barely reaches a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and gently warm for at least 15 minutes or up to an hour.
- Strain the wine through a fine mesh strainer. Taste and add more sweetener, if desired. Serve warm with garnishes of choice.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.