Spicy Thai Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday filled with family, friends, good food, and lots of laughter! If you don’t have leftovers or you simply want something fresh for dinner tonight, I recommend this easy and delicious Spicy Thai Chicken Noodle Stir Fry recipe.
This recipe might look like it has a lot of ingredients, but I promise they are simple ingredients and a lot of them are just to create a really tasty sauce. The sauce is a SunButter base with tamari, lime juice, honey, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, sesame oil, and fresh ginger. You can use this sauce for all sorts of recipes.
For the stir fry, I cooked some boneless skinless chicken thighs and some carrots and bell pepper, but you can swap the veggies (broccoli or bok choy would be a nice addition) and you could even use some leftover turkey instead of cooking chicken. If you have leftover Thanksgiving turkey, just make sure you use skinless turkey and chop it into bite-sized pieces, then skip the chicken-cooking step and toss the turkey in with the cooked carrots and bell pepper and warm it through.
Get more gluten-free stir-fry recipes.
Gluten-Free Spicy Thai Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
For the sauce:
- ½ cup Natural SunButter
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons low sodium tamari
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
For the stir fry:
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil , divided
- 2 large carrots , shredded
- 1 red pepper , seeded, deveined, and cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper , seeded, deveined, and cut into strips
- 4 green onions , sliced
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring until combined. Keep warm.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the skillet. Add the last tablespoon of oil, then add the carrots and peppers. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Add the chicken back to the pan along with the noodles and sauce. Cook until warmed through. Garnish with green onions and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.