Peanut Free Chicken Satay Stir Fry Recipe
Stir fried meals are one of my favorite meals to cook on busy weeknights. The cook time is fast and the prep work is simple. Once the ingredients are chopped and prepped you seem to be eating in no time with the cooking process being done in an instant.
This Peanut Free Chicken Satay Stir Fry is no different. It’s fast, easy, flavorful, and full of veggies. The sauce is a SunButter base with tamari, coconut sugar, rice vinegar, and cornstarch. This sauce is fantastic, and you can use it for all sorts of recipes. For the stir fry, I cooked some boneless skinless chicken thighs with a red bell pepper and some stir fry vegetables over rice and garnished it with some fresh parsley. This recipe is peanut free, but for a nut-free option you can leave out the roasted cashews.
Get more gluten-free stir-fry recipes
Peanut Free Chicken Satay Stir Fry
- 1/3 cup Natural SunButter
- 1/3 cup tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- 1/3 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil , divided
- 2 pounds boneless , skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 (12 ounce) bag stir fry vegetables
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews – optional , leave out for nut free
- Kosher or fine sea salt , to taste
- 3 cups hot rice , for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley , for garnish
- Combine the SunButter, tamari, coconut sugar, rice vinegar, and cornstarch slurry in a small bowl. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet, add the other tablespoon of oil and let it heat. Add the garlic, stir fry vegetables, red pepper, and cashews if using. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Return the chicken to the pan along with the sauce. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is hot and thickened, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice garnished with parsley.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.