Instant Pot Pumpkin Risotto
The Instant Pot is such a convenient kitchen appliance. It pressure-cooks, slow cooks, and makes perfect soft-boiled and hard-boiled eggs (for those of you who haven’t tried that yet, I highly recommend it). And one of my favorite things it does simply, and might I say perfectly, is cook risotto! Yes, risotto … that never-stop-stirring dish! There is no need for constant stirring when you make risotto in the Instant Pot, which is why I think you’re going to love adding this Instant Pot Pumpkin Risotto to your recipe repertoire and even to your holiday dinner table this year!
This recipe uses Pastene arborio rice as the base, plus some additional easy-to-find ingredients like pumpkin puree, onion, and vegetable broth. I also added sage leaves to elevate the flavor of this risotto. I find that sage and pumpkin go together really well. And the pomegranate seeds are there for garnish, to add a pop of festive color, but these are optional.
Get more gluten-free holiday recipes.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Risotto Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Pastene extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion , diced
- 6 sage leaves , plus more for garnish
- 1 cup Pastene Arborio Rice
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pomegranate seeds , for garnish
- Turn on the sauté function on the Instant Pot. Add the oil and heat. Add the onions and sage leaves. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Remove the sage leaves, add the vegetable broth and pumpkin, and stir well. Seal the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes, then manually release the pressure.
- Stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh sage leaves and pomegranate seeds.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.