Take a trip to Italy without even leaving your house with this Dairy-Free Tiramisu. This delicious Italian dessert translate to “pick me up” in English thanks to the coffee component. This recipe is not only gluten-free but dairy-free so everyone can enjoy it!
To make this dessert you first start out by making the plant-based mascarpone by combining the cashew milk and lemon juice in a deep saucepan over medium heat until it foams up and curdles. Then you pour that mixture in a cloth lined sieve and squeeze all the liquid out of the curdles and discard the liquid. You then place the curdles in a blender with the coconut cream and blend until the mixture is fluffy. Place the mixture in a covered container and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
For making the Tiramisu you combine the heavy coconut cream, sugar, and vanilla in a mixer and beata until soft peaks form. Then you beat in the mascarpone. In a separate bowl combine the coffee and rum and start dipping the Home Free Vanilla Cookies into the mixture. With the dipped cookies you place them in a baking pan until you complete a layer and then spread half the mascarpone cream mixture over the cookie layer. Repeat the layers and refrigerate overnight. Before serving, dust the desert with cocoa powder.
Boost your spirit and give this Dairy-Free Tiramisu a try.
Get more gluten-free desserts here.
- 8 cups cashew milk
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅔ cup heavy coconut cream
- Line a sieve with a double layer of cheesecloth and place over a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the cashew milk and lemon juice in a deep saucepan and cook over medium heat until it foams up and starts to curdle, about 5 minutes. Pour into the cloth-lined sieve and let sit until cooled, about 10 minutes. Squeeze all the liquid out of the curdles and discard the liquid.
- Place the curdles in a blender or food processor with the coconut cream. Blend on high speed until the mixture is consistent and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape the mixture into a covered container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to one week.
- 1 ½ cups heavy coconut cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Plant-based mascarpone (recipe above)
- 1 ½ cups cold strong coffee or espresso
- 3 tablespoons rum or coffee liqueur , optional
- 2 -3 (5 ounce) boxes Home Free Vanilla Cookies
- Cocoa powder
- Combine the heavy coconut cream, sugar, and vanilla in a mixer and beat with the whisk attachment on high until soft peaks form. Beat in the mascarpone.
- Have a 8 x 8 (or similar) baking dish ready.
- Combine the coffee with the rum in a bowl.
- Dip one cookie at a time into the coffee, do not soak. Place in the baking pan and continue until you have a complete layer. Spread half the mascarpone cream mixture over the cookie layer. Repeat the layers and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Before serving, dust generously with cocoa powder – the entire top should be covered with cocoa powder.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.