Vanilla Salted Caramel Cookies
The holiday season always calls for making cookies. I love giving out cookies this time of the year as tokens of appreciation because who doesn’t love a sweet treat. These Vanila Salted Caramel Cookies are my new favorite cookie to make. This sweet and salted treat is sure to be a hit this holiday season.
To make these cookies you first add the butter and sugars together until it is light and fluffy. Then add in the Singing Dog Vanilla Organic Vanilla and eggs in and combine. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and Singing Dog Vanilla Salt. Then turn the mixer on low and lowly add the flour mixture in. Then take a tablespoon of batter and place a caramel on top and then place another tablespoon of batter on top of the caramel. Continue until all the batter and caramel is used and bake in the oven. Once the cookies are done drizzle some melted chocolate on top and enjoy!
Get the best of both worlds with these Vanilla Salted Caramel Cookies.
Get more cookie recipes here.
Vanilla Salted Caramel Cookies
- 2 sticks (½ pound) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar , packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Singing Dog Vanilla Organic Vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Singing Dog Vanilla Salt
- 30 soft gluten-free caramels
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Line 4 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats (you can work in batches if you don’t have 4 baking sheets).
- In a mixer preferably fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the vanilla then beat in the eggs, one at a time, scrapping down the sides of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and ¼ teaspoon vanilla salt. Turn the mixer to low then add the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Scape the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula and make sure all the ingredients are combined.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of batter (use a small ice cream scoop to make it easy) onto the prepared baking sheets leaving two inches between the cookies. Place a caramel on top of each and grind one or two grinds of vanilla salt onto each caramel. Place another 1 tablespoon scoop on top of each caramel and using dampened hands, make sure the caramel is completely covered by the cookie dough and flatten the cookies slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Refrigerate the cookies for 15 minutes then bake for 7 minutes, rotate the baking sheets and bake for another 8 minutes. The cookies should start to brown around the edges, they will look slightly under baked. Let cool on the pans for 10–15 minutes then remove to wire racks over parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle over the cookies – I like to use a fork to do this. Grind one or two grinds of vanilla salt over each cookie and let the chocolate harden.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.