Cowboy Pasta Salad
- 1 pound gluten-free pasta (penne or shells)
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise (such as Vegenaise)
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free barbecue sauce
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. During the last 30 seconds of cooking, toss in the thawed vegetables. Drain the pasta and vegetables. Rinse first with hot water, then cold, and drain again.
- Combine the pasta and vegetables with the chicken in a large mixing bowl. Combine the mayonnaise and barbecue sauce and add to the pasta mixture. Stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.