Mini Meat Loaves
Top these gluten free mini meat loaves with mashed potatoes and tell the kids they are having cupcakes for dinner. They will come running to the table! And good news for you, these are simple and only use 5 ingredients to make (not including water, oil, salt and pepper). Don’t you love when you can get dinner on the table quickly?
See more 5-ingredient recipes in each issue of Simply Gluten Free magazine!
Mini Meat Loaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices soft gluten-free bread or 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 ¼ pounds lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup gluten-free barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion peeled
- 3/4 cup gluten-free barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Brush 12 cups of a standard muffin pan with olive oil.
- Place the bread in a blender and pulse until it turns into bread crumbs. (Omit this step if using already prepared breadcrumbs.) Pour into a large mixing bowl. Add the turkey or beef, egg, 1/3 cup barbecue sauce, salt, and pepper. With the large holes of a box grater, grate the onion into the mixture. Mix to combine. Do not over mix. Place about 1/3 cup of the meat mixture into each prepared muffin tin and gently press down to fill. Top each with 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the meat loaves are cooked through. Run a dinner knife around the edges of the muffin tins, remove the meat loaves from the pan, and serve.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.