Zucchini Quinoa Cups
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 ounces creamy goat cheese (also called chevre
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (packed) shredded zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- ½ cup cooked quinoa (see method here),plus more for sprinkling
- Fine sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Gluten-free hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease 12 cups of a standard muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the almond milk and goat cheese together until smooth. Add the eggs to a large mixing bowl and beat in the zucchini, goat cheese mixture, and cooked quinoa. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each cup of the muffin tin, filling about 2/3 of the way full. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the eggs are set and have started to brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve with a sprinkle of more quinoa or some hot sauce for added flavor.
Makes 12 individual cups.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.