Green Eggs (No Ham) Frittata
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped kale leaves
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- ¼ cup water
- 8 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds,for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place the kale, broccoli, and water in a small pot set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, cover, and steam for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are bright green. Using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a large bowl. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the eggs, egg whites, parsley, garlic powder, and salt to the bowl with the cooled vegetables. Whisk to combine well. Heat the olive oil in a large (10- to 12- inch) oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes until soft and translucent. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes until just beginning to set around the edges. Remove from heat and carefully transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes until puffed and set. Sprinkle the frittata with the pumpkin seeds. Cut it into wedges and serve.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.